Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

YUMMY RECIPE'S, YOU MUST TRY ONE- "QUINOA-TABOULI SALAD"


My sister Norma, has always been the aspiring chef in the family. I bet you if there was a food channel those times, that would have inspired her to pursue cooking as a career, if not own a small cafe or something. Her passion is cooking and as far as I can remember she was always in the kitchen trying out recipe's while my glamour girl sister, Carmen was out  on rehearsals for "Dance time with Chito" with the "Coeds" -Carl Onrubia-Cruz, Ces Onrubia- Jacinto and Maribelle Payumo. Who at one time or another have tried one of her latest concoction

Last Thursday, I hosted a Bday party for Gina Tusaon and Malu Paris, I asked my sister to make me her delicious and Healthy "Quinoa-Tabouli- Salad". almost everyone had asked for the recipe so I have decided to add Recipes on to my blog. so here goes:

QUINOA-TABOULI SALAD

2 CUPS QUINOA -UNCOOKED
1/4 CUP  EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
JUICE OF HALF A LEMON
3-4 CLOVES OF MINCED GARLIC- DEPENDS HOW YOU LIKE GARLIC..
I/2 BUNCH  PARSLEY CHOPPED
1/2 BUNCH OF CHOPPED CILANTRO
1/2  - 1 CUP CRANBERRIES (DRIED)
1/2 -3/4 CUP SLICED ALMONDS
1 CUCUMBER CUT INTO STRIPS
SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE


1. COOK QUINOA LIKE YOU WOULD RICE. DO NOT OVERCOOK. AL DENTE IS GOOD. LET COOL.
2 IN A BOWL , ADD INTO COOKED QUINOA (COOLED), CRANBERRIES, SLICED ALMONDS, SLICED CUCUMBER, PARSLEY, CILANTRO
3. PREPARE DRESSING BY MIXING.
IN A FOOD PROCESSOR, BLEND OLIVE OIL, LEMON JUICE AND GARLIC. ADD SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE.
4. POUR DRESSING UNTO QUINOA AND MIX GENTLY.

ENJOY....

No comments:

Post a Comment